United Nations member countries in the Development Summit held September2015, agreedto the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SKH) that will helpto end poverty, to fight against inequality and injustice and to fight climate change by 2030.
UNDP Administrator Helen Clark view on the 2030 Agenda: “This agreement marks an important milestone for our world to be more inclusive and to be on a sustainable path. If we all work together, we can meet the requests related to citizens peace, prosperity, better living conditions and at the same time we get the chance to protect the earth. ”
While Sustainable Development Goals was being built on the Millennium Development Goals, inthe year 2000, Millennium Development Goals focused on a number of issues such as poverty, hunger, disease, gender inequality, to reduce the access to water and sanitation.Significant progress was achieved in the Millennium Development Goals. These advancements, goals, and reasonsdemonstrate the value of a supported binder for the purposes in the agenda.
But despite the progress, poverty still has not ended for everyone. New Global Goals and wider sustainability agenda goes beyond the Millennium Development Goals and to find the solution to the main reasons of poverty and providing development that is a universal need for everyone.
So what is the 17 Sustainable Development Goals?
– Firstly, to finish every form of poverty.
– To end hunger, and to ensure food security and healthy eating and to develop sustainable agriculture.
– To create healthy lives and to increase prosperity for everyone.
– Ensure inclusive and equitable quality of education and enhance lifelong learning opportunities for all.
– To strengthen all women and girls and to ensure the rule of gender equality.
– Provide access to water and sanitation for everyone.
– Provide everyone economic, reliable, sustainable and modern energy.
– To promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth and ensure a decent work and employment for all.
– To build a resistant infrastructure, to encourage production and innovation, and to encourage sustainable industrialization.
– Reducing inequality between countries and people.
– To make cities sustainable, inclusive, secure, and resilient.
– Ensure sustainable methods of production and manufacturing.
– Pass urgent action to combat climate change and its effects.
– Use the oceans in a sustainable way and to use and maintain maritime and marine resources.
– A sustainable way to manage the forests, to strive with desertification and land degradation to prevent the loss of bio- diversity.
– To promote fair, peaceful and inclusive societies.
– To revive global partnerships for sustainable development.